Stats: 18 lbs. (85th percentile), 26.5 inches (75th percentile). But girl, your head is 45.25 cm… or 99th percentile.
We call you… : Franny Belle. Bean. Francie. Beaner Weiner (not my best choice, I’ll admit).
Clothes: You’re in 9 month everything – onesies, pants, and sleepers. We finally ran out of size 2 diapers, so you’ve officially graduated to 3’s!
Sleep: Well… we’ve hit a bit of a sleep regression. You have been waking up at least one time per night, somewhere between 3:30-5:30 a.m., wanting a bottle. Unfortunately your 3-year-old sister has hit a similar regression at the same time. You’re officially out of the swaddle, but we still put you in a sleep sack. You barely nap during the day, and actually sleep longest if you’re in your car seat or swing. We’re trying not to encourage that, although we give in a lot because we just want you to sleep. We have yet to let you “cry it out,” so that’s coming soon I’m sure.
Favorites: You prefer to be walked around constantly – heaven forbid you be left in one place too long! You love to roll on the living room rug, and you love all of your new-to-you teething toys. You light up when your sister pays attention to you, and your daddy is by far your favorite person.
– You got a tooth! You make the funniest face now, because you can’t figure out what’s in your mouth. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if you wake up tomorrow with your second tooth – I can almost see it poking through!
– You really started baby food this past month. It turns out, you inherited the Cotten sweet tooth. You are all about fruits, particularly pears, but I can’t even get you to open your mouth for green beans. Sweet potatoes? Yes. Peas & Spinach? No.
– Your hair is finally starting to fill in a little. I think you’re going to be a blondie like your dad and sister! On your right side you have some really long hairs. I think they’re cute, but your aunties want me to cut them.
– Your smile is infectious. You smile at everyone – even complete strangers. Generally, you are the happiest and most laid back baby I’ve ever seen. Never change, Francie.
– You have figured out how to make yourself “go” in your walker! Every time you push yourself forward, we clap and celebrate. You just grin (and drool) from ear to ear. I have a feeling you’ll walk earlier than your sister.
– Your sister is still warming up to you. Sometimes she’s so sweet with you, and others she’s just mean. It’s the threenager attitude, I think. Someday you’ll be the best of friends.
– You are a weekly hit at Grammy & Poppy’s dance studio. All of the dance helpers love you, and want to babysit you. It’s hard to believe you just have 18 more months until you’ll join your sister in classes!
We love you baby girl. Always and forever.