Oh, sweet Dorothy. You’re already one month old. How can that be? It seems like yesterday we were anxiously awaiting your arrival, and it already feels like tomorrow you’ll be walking and talking. Slow down, princess. We’re enjoying every minute.
Age: 1 month
Stats: 8 lbs. 11 oz. (50th percentile), 22.25 inches (90th percentile)
…and that was as of your doctor’s appointment at two weeks.
Clothes: You recently graduated to 0-3 month clothing, only because your pants became capris and your sleeves became 3/4 length. You already take after your daddy, tall girl.
Nicknames: Dot, Rage Baby (you get really strong when you’re angry), Princess and Dorfee (your Grandma and Papaw Shelton prefer “f” over “th.”)
Sleep: Thankfully, you are sleeping for a good six hours most nights. You have been sleeping in your bassinet seat in our bedroom due to a few reflux scares, but I think you’ll be moved to your crib soon.
Favorites: You love your thumb (when you can find it), and you also love your pacifier. You fall right to sleep with your Sleep Sheep, so I’m guessing you love it too. But, to top all other favorites, you adore bath time. It’s like your own baby hot tub.
Other Fun Facts:
– You already have rolled from your belly to your back. Actually, you were holding your head up pretty well at four hours old. Such a strong baby!
– We took you out to a restaurant for the first time tonight with your uncles. You let us know how much you enjoyed La Hacienda by pooping through your outfit and into your carseat. You’ve pretty much perfected the poop explosion.
– Your hair is an awkward length, and there is no hope of styling it. It just sticks up.
– Today, you (semi) acknowledged Harley. She slept on my lap during one of your feedings, and you kept reaching out to pet her.
– You have a clogged tear duct. Mommy is constantly wiping eye boogies out of your eyes.
– You had your one and only Thanksgiving at the house Mommy grew up in. It’s kind of sad, but exciting to see you grow up in your grandparents’ new home.
– You have your Papaw Tony’s eyes. You never met him in the physical world, but it’s apparent that you are a Cotten. He would be so proud.
– You make us laugh every day. Your faces and noises are simply hilarious.
We love you, baby girl. Always and forever.
Leave a Reply