Happy Thanksgiving Eve!
I find it hard to believe that the holidays are upon us. I mean, where has the time gone?! Dorothy is one month old this week. Thanksgiving is tomorrow…which means Christmas is a mere 28 days away. Much more importantly, my golden birthday is in 29 days.
It’s almost birfday month. This is serious. You have been warned.
Before I consider dragging the Christmas tree out of the attic, I think it’s important to first focus on the importance of Thanksgiving. Obviously I have many, many reasons to be grateful this year. Mainly, the previously mentioned one month old.
Cute baby alert!
I did not participate in the overly-popular Facebook month of thankfulness for several reasons. However, I recently noticed that I unintentionally took part in No Shave November. You’re welcome, men’s health.
I’m so grateful every day to have a loving family, loyal friends, a good job, a home to call my own, etc. Today I decided to put together my own 28 days of thankfulness right here on the blog. You know, one that reflects what I’m REALLY thankful for during this time in my life. No shame #newmomproblems.
Samantha’s Random List of Thanks : New Mom Edition
28. I am thankful for showers. Even though they are currently few and far between.
27. I am thankful for the full size Milky Way Midnight candy bars that found their way to my house. They save my sanity.
26. I have never been more thankful for a six hour span of uninterrupted sleep.
25. I am thankful for my Bissell Little Green. My couch is thankful too.
24. I’m thankful that my sister is flying home tonight from Virginia. Maybe I’m more thankful for the excuse to leave the house by myself to pick her up from the airport…
23. I’m thankful for the new Noir Skinny Jeans my mom bought for me. They feel like leggings, and I can fit into a SMALL. Yay, no more maternity jeans! (PS: where have these been my whole life?)
22. I’m thankful for maternity leave.
21. I’m thankful for Papa Johns, Chick-Fil-A, McDonald’s, Yats, Mings Wok, and all of the other delivery/fast food restaurants that have kept us alive over the last month.
20. I’m thankful for Dot’s first bestie, Bryn… and one of my favorite momma friends, Kristin from Walking By Faith Blog. Whether she knows it or not, I’m following her lead with this mommy thing.
19. I’m thankful for daytime TV. Not really, but at least it’s entertaining.
18. I’m thankful for the baby swing. Seriously, this thing is a life saver.
17. I’m thankful for the hour I had to paint my toes last week. It’s the little things…
16. Diaper Genie. Enough said.
15. I’m thankful my husband hasn’t said a word about the fact that I’m still wearing my robe today… at 3:30 p.m.
14. I’m thankful my cats, and the company they provide in the middle of the night.
13. I’m oh-so-grateful for hand sanitizer.
12. In all seriousness, I’m thankful for Amazon. Online shopping is a must for this momma.
11. I’m thankful for Netflix.
10. I’m so thankful that I have an “easy” baby. She’s seriously just watching me blog right now. Hallelujah.
9. I speak for both Courtny and myself when I say I’m thankful for our Keurig…
8. …which means I’m also thankful for Tazo Well Being Focus tea.
7. I’m thankful for the many babysitting offers I have already received. If that was you, know that I will take you up on it… eventually.
6. I’m so, so thankful for wine, and my ability to drink it again.
5. I’m thankful for all the upcoming plans with friends (you know, like the trip to Las Vegas that’s still currently a dream?). Dates on my calendar give me hope that I someday will get back to normal.
4. I’m thankful for tomorrow’s Thanksgiving dinner that my mom is currently preparing. In fact, I just caught myself daydreaming of crescent rolls, corn soufflé and green bean casserole.
3. I’m thankful for Stitch Fix. I’m already counting down the days until my next Fix.
2. I’m always thankful for my husband, but watching him fall in love with our daughter makes me even more thankful that I decided to ask him on a date nearly 9 years ago.
1. Finally, I’m thankful for the health and happiness of my little family. Obviously this list was meant to be entertaining, but this blessing always deserves a spot.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!