Dorothy, you are getting so big and strong! Mommy and Daddy are simply amazed by you. It almost feels like you’ve been here, as a part of our family, forever.
Age: 2 months
Stats: We were off. Try 13 lbs. 1 oz., 23 5/8 inches… otherwise known as the 95th and 90th percentile. Wow.
12 lb. 6 oz., 23.25 inches
Because you have not yet gone to the doctor for your 2 month appointment, and mommy’s a perfectionist, this is our unofficial & unscientific guess.
Clothes: You are wearing 3 month clothing, but I’m worried that you’re about to graduate out of 3 month sleepers (particularly the ones with feet). You’re just so long!
Nicknames: D-Bunny, Dot, Dotty and Baby D.
Sleep: As of 7 weeks old, you are sleeping through the night! Mommy and Daddy love these stretches of 8-9 hours. 🙂 You are also sleeping in your crib, but you prefer to have a pillow in there with you. I know we’re not technically supposed to do that, but it’s obvious you’re sleeping better.
Favorites: You love your new monkey, Coconut. You’re just mesmerized by his giant eyes! Your other favorite toy is your play mat. The thing only plays one song, but you love it (us, not so much). You also love when we sing “la la’s” to you, or blow in your hair.
Other Fun Facts:
– You might be a race car driver when you grow up. When we’re in the car, you get fussy when we’re not moving. You just want to go fast!
– You smile and laugh now. It’s simply adorable.
– Your favorite place to nap is on the couch (with a pillow, of course). I don’t know what we’re going to do when you start rolling…
– You prefer to sit up. You want to see what is going on around you! Your neck is getting very strong, so it won’t be long until we can sit you in your Bumbo seat.
– You and your bestie, Bryn, held hands this week. I think Kristin and I melted from the cuteness.
– When you were born, everyone said you looked like Mommy. Now everyone says you look like Daddy. We shall see!
– You are definitely a morning person. I love walking into your room in the morning to see you smiling in your crib.
We love you, baby girl. Always and forever.
Leave a Reply