Age: 1 month
Stats: 8 lbs. 12 oz., 20 in. You left the hospital at 6 lbs. 10 oz., was back to birth weight at your two week appointment, and then have gained a whopping 1 lb. 10 oz. in the last two weeks.
We call you… : People tend to call you by your full name, Frances. Mommy calls you Francie, and Daddy calls you Bean. Your Aunt Grace and Aunt Jessi are trying to call you Franny – we’ll see if that sticks.
Clothes: You’re still comfortably wearing newborn-sized everything – onesies, sleepers and diapers. Mommy really thought we would never use all those newborn clothes she bought for your giant sister!
Sleep: You wake up every two hours, around the clock, to eat. When you came home from the hospital you were jaundiced – which means you were extra sleepy. Your first night home you briefly woke up at 2 a.m. and once to eat at 5:30 a.m., and we were ecstatic. Then you hit that two week growth spurt, and became a bottomless pit. Mommy and daddy are hoping to see more than 1.5 hours of consecutive sleep soon.
Favorites: You prefer to be swaddled, and the Rock ‘N Play is your favorite seat in the house. You’re quite the fan of stretching out in the shade on a hot day – just like your momma. And while you aren’t so sure about bath time, you love when we wash your crazy hair.
– You just go with the flow, girlfriend. Frances, you might just be the most chill baby I have ever encountered. Outside of crying when you get your diaper changed, you rarely fuss.
– Even though you don’t cry much, you make so much noise. You’re constantly grunting and squeaking, and recently you’ve even let out a few adorable coo’s. We’re about to move you out of our bedroom, because the noises you make in your sleep keep us awake!
– You rival grown men in your ability to pass gas. Wow, girl.
– We’re currently battling a pretty nasty case of baby acne. It doesn’t bother you any, but it makes mommy feel so bad for you.
– You truly have just fit in to our lives almost seamlessly. Since you were born, we have simply just taken you along with us everywhere. You made your first appearance at color guard rehearsal at 13 days old, and have since been to an anniversary party, restaurants, the playground, big sister’s dance recital and even the Indianapolis Zoo. You just take in all in stride. Hopefully some of your mellowness rubs off on big sister someday.
– I know you usually can’t determine a baby’s eye color this early, but it’s so apparent that you have killer baby blues like your daddy.
We love you baby girl. Always and forever.