Age: 3 months
Stats: 14.8 lbs. and 25 1/8 in. (scientific guess)
Clothes: You have been wearing 6 month clothes for a couple of weeks now, specifically sleepers and pants. I’m seeing a basketball scholarship in the future.
Nicknames: I think the nickname dbunny has officially stuck.
Sleep: Typically you fall asleep for the night between 9-10 p.m. You’re sleeping through the night, but not consistently. Some nights you sleep for 10-11 hours, others you wake us up between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. You apparently like to keep us on our toes!
Favorites: I have never seen a kid love bath time as much as you do. You smile and splash, and would stay in the tub for hours if we would let you. We got you your first rubber ducky to play with, and you gave him “kisses.” You give kisses to all your friends, so we assume you like him. Or are just trying to eat him. Whichever.
Other Fun Facts:
– You have officially given up on finding your thumb. You now just shove your whole fist in your mouth. Five is better than one, right?
– We think your Native American side is coming out. Your eyes are definitely turning brown, and your skin tone is getting slightly darker. You actually have a couple of birthmarks on your back that are supposedly indicative of your Indian heritage. That makes your daddy so proud.
– You’re getting big, fast. Too fast. Mommy caught Daddy propping you up so you were standing on the couch the other night… and you loved it.
– We had an actual “ass disaster*” last week at La Hacienda (your favorite place to explode, apparently). Not only did you poop through your outfit, but Mommy dropped the diaper on the floor of the bathroom in the process of changing you. Let’s just say it. was. everywhere.
*Kudos to Cards Against Humanity for creating that term before we even knew the meaning. We are now well versed on the subject.
– You have started drooling and blowing bubbles. Looking at your onesie at the end of the day looks like we’re raising a St. Bernard, and not a little girl. Is it possible that you’re teething already?
– I see you creating lots of mischief with your Papaw Shelton in the future. Last week he gave you a taste of icing – your first non-formula food. You weren’t entirely sure about it.
– Your hair has a mind of its own. Its falling out, but the strands that remain are getting LONG. You have several comb overs going on, and it’s simply adorable.
We love you, baby girl. Always and forever.