Age: 9 months
Stats: 21 lbs. 2 oz., and 29 1/4 inches tall
Clothes: Since it’s July, you typically wear just a onesie or a romper. These are always 9-12 months. However, I would guess if I would put pants on you they would need to be 12-18 months.
Nicknames: D, Dot, dbunny, Gorgeous
Sleep: You’re trying to kill us. Regardless of how much we feed you before bed, you wake up between 4-5 a.m. for a bottle. Not cool. After the bottle, you go back to sleep until 7:30-8 a.m.
Favorites: You have a nasty cold right now, so your daddy is your favorite person in the whole wide world. He’s doesn’t wield the Tylenol, Nosefrieda and Boogie Wipes like mommy…
Otherwise, you love chicken, your new standing walker, and making laps in grandma’s bathroom. We have no idea why.
Other Fun Facts:
– Last month you started crawling, and that was okay. This month you have taken it to a whole new level. Nothing and no one is safe. We kind of think you’re part orangutang, since you particularly love climbing over us while we lay on the floor. If constantly being on the move wasn’t enough, you started doing this:
– You’re starting to say “ma ma” and “da da,” kind of. You mimic us when we say it, but you obviously don’t know the context (but we pretend you do). You also say, “nom nom” when you’re eating. I think you’re a baby genius.
– We’re up to 6 teeth – 2 on the bottom and all 4 up top. Your toothy smile is just too much!
– You’re already trying to show us up on the technology front. You love the iPhones (mommy doesn’t let you near hers, but daddy is a softie), specifically the Friskies Jitterbug App. That’s an app for cats, people. Parents of the Year.
– You’ve developed a terrible habit of smacking your high chair tray. Cheerios are constantly flying around our kitchen. When I tell you, “no,” and smack your hand… you smile at me.
– Speaking of which, you definitely have a ‘tude. For example, this is the photo we got when we tried to take away daddy’s name badge for the 9 month picture. Lord help us both.
We love you, baby girl. Always and forever.