FIVE things I’m doing this weekend:
1. Rejoicing over my husband’s return from his company retreat in Denver. Five days alone with a teething toddler is much, much more than I can handle. As evidenced by her first black eye… I don’t even know what she fell into, but I would say she was pretty successful at beating herself up.
2. Baking a smash cake. If you remember my cooking skills, nothing can go wrong here.
3. Relaxing in my brand new (to me) hot tub. Oh wait. No I’m not, thanks to a no-show electrician.
4. Throwing a little first birthday party for Princess D. I mean, it hasn’t consumed my every minute this week or anything…
5. Mixing up a little caramel apple sangria in celebration of my parental survival, and enjoying it with my best girlfriends. Boom.
FOUR pins I’m loving right now:
THREE shows I should probably reacquaint myself with:
1. Grey’s Anatomy – I haven’t watched a new episode in two years, and last night I decided to tune in for the last five minutes. Callie splitting from Arizona?! WTH happened when I was away?!
2. Parenthood – I was a religious Braverman fan, and somewhere along the way I fell off. Now I’m hearing the end is near for Joel and Julia, and Zeke was in the hospital… So, so behind.
3. Scandal – Okay, I’ve actually never seen this show, but I’ve heard nothing but awesome things. Knowing what I know about Shonda Rhimes? It has to be amazing.
TWO things I’m looking forward to:
1. The hubby actually planned a little date day for us. We are the proud owners of two Monon Bell tickets – which is only exciting because I have actually never attended a Wabash College football game (despite living in the Ville for the majority of my life).
I’ll take what I can get in terms of dates at this point.
2. IKEA with my ladies. Momma needs a rug… or six. Does anyone know of a good winery near West Chester, OH?
ONE quote that defines me (at the moment):
1. “Maybe you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.” – SATC
Love me some Carrie Bradshaw…
Happy weekend, everyone!