Age: 12 months. 1 year. I can’t believe this is happening.
Stats: We’re guessing 23 lbs. and 32.5 inches, but that’s a scientific guess.
Clothes: You’re pretty firmly in 18 months right now, regardless of the article of clothing. Pants, however, are a good 18-24 months… or even 2T.
Nicknames: D, dbunny, Big Girl, Gorgeous
Sleep: It’s like you have a timer. When it gets to 7 p.m., on the dot, you’re done. You hit the wall and you want nothing other than a bottle and your crib. I think it’s because you’ve cut yourself down to one nap per day (mommy misses the two-a-day naps). Thankfully, though, you’re over the growth spurt/teething for right now and are sleeping for a good 12 hours straight. I can hear the angels singing, “Hallelujah!”
Favorites: Curious George/Mickey Mouse/Big Block Singsong, your new birthday gifts, giving kisses to Halle, and having dance parties with mommy and daddy.
Other Fun Facts:
– Mommy is on to you. I watched you stand on your own, take two steps, stand awhile longer, and then fall to your butt. You didn’t know I was looking, but I definitely saw it with my own two eyes. You occasionally “forget” that you prefer crawling. We’re working on it.
– You had your first birthday party last weekend. We had a house full of people who love you -from great-grandparents and grandparents, to most of your aunties and honorary aunts and uncles. You loved everyone back until they tried to sing, “Happy Birthday” to you. That’s when you had a complete and utter meltdown. It was pretty hysterical.
– You still point at everything and say, “what’s that?” You rediscover the ceiling fans every few hours. This morning you found the sunrise, pointed, and gasped at it’s beauty. I’m not even kidding.
– Your hair. It’s out of control. I can’t do much other than the troll baby style. I think it’s pretty cute, but you’re probably going to hate me when these pictures resurface in 15 years…
– You had your first combine rides with Papaw this month, and you pretty much already know how to shell corn on your own. You drive, and you even know where the “unload” button is. You love it, and I think your Papaw does too.
– You’re in to everything. Literally, nothing is safe.
– Today, on your actual birthday, we ate frosting out of the can and watched the first half of Frozen together. You loved all of it, and so did mommy. Daddy doesn’t have to know… 😉
Happy birthday, Dorothy. We love you – always and forever.