Oh, dear blog reader. I must tell you the story of how my house was taken over by Baby C’s stuff, thanks to the kindness of our family and friends. I think if anything else pink and baby-related enters our home between now and D-Day, my husband may have a panic attack (and that includes the items I haven’t quite taken out of the closet yet).
When my sisters, Grace and Jessica, and my mom offered to host a baby shower for Baby C, I had a three
- There must be good food. Steak is an extra bonus.
- No awkward, uncomfortable, not-fun baby shower games that everyone secretly hates.
- And please, don’t do anything Wizard of Oz related.
Two of three isn’t bad. Especially because everything Wizard of Oz related about the shower was tasteful…and freaking adorable (kudos to Grace for creating a Sami-approved invitation). Plus, there was Eggs Benedict…WITH STEAK. So in my opinion, this was by far the best baby shower ever.
When it was all said and done, my mom compared the baby shower to my first Christmas and birthday. It appears that she is right.
I am so thankful to everyone who came, and “donated” to the Baby C fund. Beyond spoiled is a drastic understatement, and she’s not even here yet (7 weeks 1 day, but who’s counting?). Without further adieu, here are a bunch of pictures of me opening gifts – without the “ooo’s” and “aaaah’s” that followed about how stinking cute (and small) everything is.
The last two gifts were from my sisters, and were by far the most hilarious – to us at least. Pretty sure everyone else was confused and laughing as a courtesy. Just watch the video – I’ll give you the background later.
1. I once loved the ugliest doll on the planet, and named him Junjado without my parents’ knowledge.
2. Jessica gave Baby C not only her Zaboomafoo, but her Sharkey flashlight. That’s auntie love right there.
3. I used to have an unhealthy obsession with Alf. I mean, who didn’t?
Again, thank you to everyone who came to celebrate Baby C!